Stephen Danz & Associates. Protecting the Rights of Bakersfield Employees and Workers since 1988
Stephen Danz & Associates. Protecting is a leading employment litigation in California. We have numerous offices statewide including a Bakersfield law office located at 4900 California Avenue, Tower B 2nd Floor, Bakersfield, CA 93309
Our sixteen lawyers are strong advocates when employers discriminate against workers, fail to pay them all the wages and benefits they’ve earned, refuse to comply with federal or California laws, or create a hostile work condition. We have several hundred years of combined experience which we have used to garner some of the top employment law verdicts and settlements in the state. Attorney Stephen Danz, who has been fighting for worker justice for 40 years, is the primary lawyer on each case. He makes sure that servicing the client and putting a human face on each case permeates the firm. Attorney Danz has a 10.0 Avvo rating, the top rating from one of the country’s premier legal rating services. He is also honored to be rated a SuperLawyer by another top legal agency.
Our Bakersfield employment law mission
Stephen Danz & Associates only represents employees. We are California’s largest employment law firm and have the skills, resources, and tenacity to litigate cases until a fair settlement is reached or until the case has been fought to the fullest at a trial. We pursue administrative remedies and appeals when necessary.
The types of cases our Bakersfield employment attorneys handle
We handle virtually all types of employment injustices including the following:
- Whistleblower cases. We help employees blow the whistle on Medicare, Medicaid, pharmaceutical, defense, securities, tax and other types of fraud. We help these honorable workers obtain a percentage of the recovery by working to show their disclosures benefited the Department of Justice or other law enforcement agencies – and that they are allowed a recovery because they met the relevant federal statutes. Our Bakersfield employment litigation lawyers also bring retaliation lawsuits when employers discharge or retaliate against workers who disclose company fraud.
- Discrimination lawsuits. We work to get employees their jobs back, lost wages, lost benefits, and statutory damages when employers fail to comply with federal or state laws. We hold employers accountable who wrongfully fire, fail to hire, fail to promote, or create a hostile work environment a work. Discrimination generally is not allowed based on a person’s
- National origin
- Sexual orientation
We fight for clients who suffer sexual harassment at work.
In wrongful termination cases, we often also seek punitive damages to punish employers who intentionally or maliciously fire an employee
Wage and Hour Litigation. Our Bakersfield wage and hour lawyers have a strong record of success in cases where a worker fails to get his/her full wages and work benefits including the following case types:
- Employee misclassification
- Wrongfully withheld bonuses
- Financial inducements to relocate
- Unpaid overtime
- Meal breaks
- Medical leave violations. The Federal Medical Leave Act allows employees the right to take time off to help spouse, child or parent who is ill, or to care for a newborn or spend time with a newly adopted child – if the employee meets the eligibility requirements and the employer is covered under the act. California has a similar law. Our lawyers fight to make sure employers honor the law and allows workers unpaid leave without worry of losing their job. We demand attorney’s fees where appropriate.
- Workers compensation. Our Bakersfield work injury lawyers fight to get injured workers the lost wages they are entitled to while they can’t work or if they have a permanent disability, payment of reasonable medical bills, and vocational reimbursement costs if appropriate. We also represent families, when a worker tragically dies, get California workers’ compensation benefits.
- Intellectual property. Our lawyers advise workers who being forced to comply with covenants not to compete, are being charged or fired for refusing to hand over patents, or who are being sued by an employer for misappropriation of trade secrets and other forms of intellectual property.
If you or anyone you know has lost a job, wages or benefits, suffered any work-related loss, been sexually harassed, or treated unfairly – the Bakersfield office of Stephen Danz & Associates is ready to help you get justice. Please call us at xxx-yyy-zzzz to schedule a free consultation.